24-Hour Emergency Services for Pets in Rutland, VT and Surrounding Areas
In a perfect world, no emergency situation or sudden illness would ever befall a sweet pet. But, emergencies do occur, and knowing who you can turn to can make a tremendous difference on the outcome.
Your friends at Rutland Veterinary Clinic and Surgical Center are always here for you and your pet-24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays. Our skilled, caring team can get started on diagnosing your pet immediately using our onsite laboratory and digital radiography, and critical care capabilities.
Whether the situation involves an injury, ingestion of a toxic substance, or there are signs of trauma or illness, taking quick action is important to prognosis. Please do not hesitate or wait it out—for peace of mind, call us so we can help determine the right steps for a positive outcome.
We are staffed 24 hours a day, so you will always get a trained technician to help determine if your pet should be seen.
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn’t stop after a few minutes
- Choking or gagging
- Inability to urinate or defecate/straining
- Ingestion of poisonous substance or plant
- Heatstroke or hypothermia
- Eye injury
- Bite or attack by another animal
- Accident, such as being hit by a car or falling from a height
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, or rectum
- Persistent vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Labor lasting longer than an hour