At Your Fingertips: All About Our Online Veterinary Pharmacy
Ordering your pet’s prescription food, medication, or parasite preventives from the comfort of home sounds like a great thing – and, for the most part, it is. Shopping online for pet meds certainly has its place in our modern world, but it can also expose your pet to some serious risks.
At Rutland Veterinary Clinic, we offer the convenience of online ordering combined with the safety of receiving medications that are backed by manufacturers. Keep reading to learn more about our online veterinary pharmacy and why it’s one of your best options when it comes to ordering your pet’s prescriptions.
While lower prices online are tempting, it’s important for pet owners to be aware that the online veterinary pharmacy industry is largely unregulated. Common problems associated with these pharmacies include:
- Counterfeit drugs
- Expired or nearly expired medications
- Improper handling and storage of medications that can damage/reduce their effectiveness
- Active ingredients may be missing or may contain improper amounts of active ingredients
- Drugs may come from countries that either don’t regulate or regulate differently
- Drugs may not be backed by the manufacturer
- Drugs may contain impurities or contaminants
- False diagnosis through online testing
Giving your pet medication or a parasite preventive that hasn’t been stored properly, is the wrong dosage, or contains incorrect ingredients can put your pet’s health at risk. Additionally, some medications, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and heartworm preventive medications, should only be prescribed following a veterinary exam.
VetsFirstChoice – Our Online Veterinary Pharmacy
We’ve partnered with VetsFirstChoice, an online pharmacy and pet supply company that exceeds the standards established by the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB). This partnership ensures that your pet’s medications are sourced directly from the manufacturer and that they’ve been handled and stored properly.
Through our online veterinary pharmacy, we’re proud to offer the following services:
- Order food, treats, medical and grooming supplies, and more to be delivered to your home.
- Refill your pet’s prescription medication and parasite preventives to be delivered.
- Schedule auto shipping so you never run out of the products you need.
To learn more about our online veterinary pharmacy, please don’t hesitate to contact our staff.