Posts in Category: Pet-Friendly Holidays
As your family gathers together for the holidays, is there a lonely spot on the couch? Perhaps you’ve been considering adding a new pet to your home and are thinking about adopting one for the holidays?
There are certainly some wonderful things about adopting a new pet for the holidays but we do not recommend giving pets as gifts. Based on a new ASPCA study, 86% of pets given as gifts are still in the home which is wonderful to hear but still, one has to wonder about the other 14% of pets that were returned, re-homed, or abandoned.
There is a lot to consider before bringing home a new pet for the holidays.Continue…
Ghouls, jack-o-lanterns, and the tricks and treats of Halloween are fun for adults and children alike. At this time of year, anticipation runs high as we approach this most beloved holiday. We spend hours planning our costume, making Halloween treats, and setting up our yard as a scary scene – but have you thought about what Halloween means for our pets?
There are several pet emergencies that are unfortunately common on or around Halloween. And the decorations, costumes, and candy can land your pet in a cauldron of hot water.
Like most things, a little awareness and preparation can make Halloween pet safety a breeze. Read on for some ideas and thoughts about how to make Halloween both fun for you and safe for your pets.Continue…
It seems impossible to avoid all situations that result in fear, stress or confusion, but we do our best for our pets, right? Some pet owners know from experience that the sound of the blender or vacuum cleaner upsets their dog, or that they cannot walk anywhere near a construction site. Other owners are just beginning to get to know their pets, an experience that can take many months together.
Whatever the case may be, pet noise anxiety is a real threat to an animal’s well-being – especially during the summer months.Continue…
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and also a potentially dangerous one for pets. When the temperatures drop and the holiday food and decorations come out, the risk of illness or injury to our pets increases.
Take a look around your home and make sure it’s a safe and inviting place for your four-legged family members. To help you out, your friends at Rutland Veterinary Clinic and Surgical Center have these essential holiday pet safety tips for creating a pet-friendly season.
A Festive Display
Decking the halls is a beloved holiday tradition, and as long as we keep pet safety in mind, we can continue to enjoy a festive home.